Night skin care has been gaining traction ever since LED lights have become more and more popular. With the addition of technology in beauty routines, we’ve seen a shift towards products that can be used at night to maximize benefits while you sleep.
Skincare is a huge market, and it’s one of the most important aspects of our lives. In the future, there will be more products that are better for our skin than ever before. Read more in detail here: best skin care products 2021.
We wash our faces every morning and painstakingly apply moisturizer and sunscreen. A regular skincare practice is an important aspect of morning routines. However, many individuals do not devote the same amount of time and attention to their evening skincare regimen.
Some even commit the cardinal sin of not removing their makeup before going to bed. Because our skin is our largest organ, it is constantly exposed to filth and pollution. It also generates sebum on a regular basis to keep itself hydrated. If not washed, this sebum may mingle with dirt, grime, and makeup overnight, blocking your pores.
Hence, it is essential to do your night skin care routine to keep your skin clean and healthy.
What Is The Importance Of Maintaining A Nighttime Routine?
Your skin is exposed to smoking, pollutants, and UV radiation, as well as filth and grime, throughout the day. These substances harm your skin by forming free radicals, which are unstable chemicals that target healthy skin cells in order to maintain their stability. As a result, your skin is always on the defensive to defend itself.
Your body, on the other hand, enters into repair mode at night while you sleep. Melatonin (a potent antioxidant) levels are quite high. Even the human growth hormone, which is vital for cell repair, is at its highest at night. As a result, the skin regeneration process is sped up, and our bodies produce more collagen.
As a result, developing a proper nightly skincare regimen is critical in assisting our skin’s natural healing and regeneration process.
The Advantages of Having A Proper Night Routine
- Supports Cell Repair: A good nightly skincare regimen with the correct products provides all of the critical nutrients your skin needs to repair and rejuvenate itself.
- Fewer comedones: Cleaning your skin thoroughly at night helps to avoid blocked pores and, as a consequence, reduces the formation of blackheads and pimples.
- Better Results: Because skin penetration is stronger at night, your products will function better and provide quicker results.
- Less moisture loss: Because our skin generates less sebum at night, moisturizing it at night may help prevent transepidermal water loss and keep your skin moisturized during the night.
- Reduce wrinkles: Because anti-aging chemicals in skincare products penetrate more at night, they perform better. As a consequence, your skin will seem younger over time, with fewer fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots.
- Improves radiance: If you follow a decent overnight skincare regimen, your skin will be smoother, softer, and more radiant in the morning.
- Antioxidants may help reverse the damage done to your skin by free radicals throughout the day by using them at night.
Your Night Skin Care Routine is Determined by Several Factors
When it comes to building an effective skincare regimen, a one-size-fits-all approach does not work. So keep these things in mind when you go through your night skincare regimen and choose out your items.
- Your Skin Type: If you have dry skin, the key focus of your night routine should be to maintain adequate levels of hydration by using nourishing moisturizers. And if you have oily or acne-prone skin, skip the heavy night creams for lightweight facial oils instead to avoid greasy skin.
- Skin Concerns: If you have mature or aging skin, look for products with anti-aging ingredients like antioxidants and vitamin A and C which support the skin’s repair process. And if you have acne-prone skin, look for products with acne-fighting and soothing ingredients.
- Room temperature: If you sleep in an air-conditioned room, your skin can get dehydrated while you sleep. So use a nourishing organic moisturizer like our Australian Sandalwood & Myrrh Night Cream at the end of your routine to form a protective barrier against dry air.
Night Skin Care Routine in 6 Steps
Step 1: Makeup Remover The first step in your night routine is to remove makeup so that it doesn’t clog your pores. Use our organic makeup cleanser to get rid of all traces of makeup without irritating your skin.
Step 2: Cleanser Once you have removed all makeup properly, use a gentle cleanser to remove the remaining dirt and grime. This double cleansing ensures your skin absorbs others products properly and doesn’t get clogged. Browse JC’s entire collection of organic soaps and face washes here.
Step 3: Toner Spritz some hydrosol on your face gently pat it in to hydrate the skin. This step is essential to avoid dehydration and prep your skin for the next steps. Choose from one of JC’s certified organic toners based on your skin type and concerns.
Step 4: Moisturizer While your skin is still damp from the toner, apply a few drops of cold-pressed facial oil to moisturize your skin and keep it well-nourished. You can follow up with a quick face massage using these tools to boost blood flow and help the oils penetrate your skin.
Step 5: Eye cream Use our Prickly Pear, Chia and Tamanu Roll on Eye Serum or Damask Rose & Coffee Eye Cream to nourish your under-eye area and prevent puffy eyes when you wake up.
Step 6: Lip Balm Finish your night skin care routine with one of our nourishing lip butters to moisturize your delicate lips and keep them hydrated all night long.
Ecocert France has certified all Juicy Chemistry products as organic in accordance with Cosmos criteria.
- When should I conduct my nighttime skin care routine? It’s recommended to complete your skincare regimen at least 20-30 minutes before bedtime so that the ingredients can sink into your skin and not wind up on your pillowcase.
- Is it okay if I use the same things I used in my morning routine? Yes, unless the product contains SPF, you may use the same items you used in the morning.
- Is it necessary to cleanse twice? If you use makeup, we strongly advise you to use a makeup remover first, since your facewash alone will not be able to remove all traces of makeup.
- Can I use a face mask and scrubs at night? Yes, you can use them in your night skin care routine twice a week.
If you want to have healthy, beautiful, and youthful-looking skin, your evening skincare regimen is far more crucial than you would believe.
The “best skin care routine for 30s” is a question that is asked quite often. It’s best to know what the best products are, and how to use them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good nighttime skin care routine?
A: You should be using a nightly skin care routine to effectively remove dead cells, cleanse the pores of your face and neck. Some people will also drink nettle tea before bedtime which can help you sleep better.
What is the #1 skin care line?
A: The #1 skin care line is Olay.
- night skin care routine at home
- best affordable skin care routine for 40s
- best skin care routine for 40s
- night skin care routine steps
- skin care routine order morning and night