Skin tags can appear in several places celexa vs generic on the body, but skin tags on the neck are commonplace. It also happens to be one of the most inconvenient, as it is often uncovered and clearly visible. Short of covering up permanently, there are many things you can do to get rid of them.
Skin tags appear on the neck for several reasons:
- Many people wear jewelry around their necks, which may rub against the skin.
- If the neck of your shirt or jersey rubs against your skin, you may develop skin tags.
- If the skin on your neck is flabby and foldy, bits of your skin can rub against each other.
- As with all skin tags, if you are overweight or have poor blood sugar control, you are at increased risk.
Skin Tags on the Neck: How to Remove
This involves the application of a freezing substance to the tag. If you are thinking ice, you are on completely the wrong track. You need something colder than -50A�C or -58A�F. That used by your doctor is normally approximately four times as cold as that which is available over-the-counter. As a result, it is substantially more effective.
- It is imprudent to cut off your skin tag at home, especially on your neck where it will inevitably result in a scar. In fact, even if a doctor cuts it out, it might form a scar because of the open wound that it leaves behind.
- Over-the-counter creams, like Revitol’s Skin Tag Removal Cream, work differently on different skins. Revitol‘s cream certainly works, but it takes at least four weeks for the skin tag to fall off. This is your best bet for scar free removal, but you will have to be patient.
- Another Pills home remedy that is unlikely to leave big scars is the tie-off procedure. Tie a piece of dental floss or thread very tightly around the base of the tag, as close to your skin as you can. This extinguishes its blood, oxygen, and nutrient supplies, which will cause it to die, turn black, and fall off within a week. Be warned, it is painful when it starts to die and it will leave a small open skin wound that will bleed once it falls off. Keep the wound clean with antiseptics, and allow it to heal on its own.
- Different doctors have different skills, so you will have to trust your doctor to advise you which of his or her methods normally leaves the smallest scars. They can use a laser to deprive it of blood and nutrients, or an electric current to destroy it. Both these techniques produce small wounds that will have to heal.
How to Prevent Scarring
The most important thing is to leave the wound to heal on its own. Refrain from picking at it, especially if it forms a scab. You can wash it gently with an antiseptic liquid mixed with water, and apply an over-the-counter topical antibiotic cream to fend off bacteria. Protect your neck from the sun by wearing a lightweight scarf or by remaining indoors over the afternoon hours for a week.