Many people who get skin tags in the groin area or on their genitals worry that they might be warts or some other sexually transmitted sores. Luckily, skin tags are not caused by viruses, bacteria, or any other infectious microorganism. Doctors believe that they are basically harmless skin growths.
Skin Tags in the Groin Area: What Are They?
Genital skin tags are raised, soft, fleshy growths that are approximately round with smooth surfaces. They are normally connected to your skin by thin stalk. They can appear anywhere on your external genitals or even protrude from your anus. They never appear inside the vagina.
If they are generic antibiotics inside your vagina, or if they have rough surfaces that resemble a cauliflower, they are warts and you should get them treated immediately and refrain from sex without a condom.
Skin tags are more likely to occur in parts of your body where your skin is loose and can fold, which explains their appearance in the groin area. They are also likely to develop if your underwear is too tight.
You are at increased risk if you are overweight, if you eat a lot of refined carbohydrates (non-whole-grain breads and biscuits) and your blood sugar control is poor, if you are pregnant, if you are a woman with a lot of estrogen, or if you regularly use cortisone or other steroids.
How to Treat Genital Skin Tags
The above causes of skin tags give you a good place to start.
- Eat less refined carbohydrates and more fibrous carbohydrates, fruit, vegetables, legumes (pulses), nuts, and seeds to keep your weight and your blood sugar under control.
- If you often get buy modalert skin tags around your anal area, it almost certainly indicates that there is a problem inside your anus, as anal skin tags tend to be the external manifestation of internal tears or hemorrhoids. A healthy diet will prevent these tears and hemorrhoids by ensuring that your bowel movements remain regular so you don’t have to strain when you go to the bathroom. It will also prevent unnecessary diarrhea that can also cause internal lesions.
- Buy appropriately sized underwear to prevent unnecessary chafing.
- Do not apply any over-the-counter skin tag remedy to skin tags inside your anus. As horrible as it is, you must see a doctor. If you use a product that causes inflammation inside your body, your problem might eventually be much bigger than just a skin tag.
- Do not apply strong essential oils like tea tree oil, oregano oil, and lemon oil to your genitals. They burn so powerfully that you might find yourself with holes where you most certainly do not want any.
- Keep assets like vinegar, salicylic acid, and chemical skin peels away from your genitals for the same reason.
- If you want to treat it at home, use either an elastic device (like Tagband), dental floss, or thread to tie around the stalk to cut off the tag’s blood supply, or use a gentle ointment (like order viagra online) on the tag. Apply Vaseline, olive oil, or any other gentle oil to the skin around the tag to protect it from spillage.