Skin tag removal cream comes in several different forms, depending on the active ingredients. Skin tag removal creams carry the advantage that you can do them at home at a cost-effective price. One possible disadvantage is that all creams do not work for all people, simply because people’s skin differs.
Here are some popular options:
- Revitol’s Skin Tag Removal Cream has taken a plant oil called thuja occidentalis and, by mixing it with other natural oils and skin penetrators, it has increased its strength six fold. Scientists have proved that thuja occidentalis can gently hasten the aging and death of abnormal skin cells. This is the best way to get rid of skin tags, because it doesn’t dry out the tag or burn it and risk leaving you with a scar. It gently uses your body’s own biological processes to kill the cells. This does mean that you must be patient, because the process takes at least a month.
- DermaNutrients All Natural Skin Tag Removing & Treatment Stick, Skin Tag DX, Tag Away, Tag No More, Miracle of Aloe, Naturasil, H-Skin Tags Formula by Healing Natural Oils (or Amoils), are all based on thuja occidentalis too, but they have all weakened it by diluting it with water, as homeopathic treatments do. Alternatively, they omitted the skin penetrators that guide the thuja occidentalis oil into your skin. Needless to say, if it is too weak and if it does not penetrate your skin, it cannot work.
- Dermatend Skin Tag Removal Cream contains sanguinaria canadensis (alternative name bloodroot). Bloodroot destroys proteins and, as such, can destroy skin tags (and obviously the surrounding skin if you are not careful). Doctors have said that it causes scabs and often scarring
- Skin peels that contain trichloroacetic acid (TCAA) at a solution of at least 50 percent can remove skin tags, but they do so by burning them off. You must use a post peel neutralizer afterwards to help your skin recover. Because this burning process is harsh, it is not impossible that it will be painful and leave scars.
- Essential oils like tea tree, oregano, lemon, and frankincense do not work for everyone, and you may need a trial and error process to find the one that works for you. They seem to work by drying out the tag, which can also be painful and potentially scarring.