Flat warts are often difficult for laypeople to diagnose, so learning how to remove flat warts must start with properly identifying them. They usually mistaken it for acne when it is on their faces, for shaving scars when it is on their legs, and for small moles or skin tags when it is on their arms. These are the three places where they most commonly occur.
They are small, slightly buy viagra raised bumps with flat tops that look like they have been smoothed with a nail file. They are either pink, light brown, or yellowish. They are about the size of a pinhead, which makes them smaller than other warts, and they often appear in clusters together.
As with other warts, they appear when you have been infected with a strain of the human papilloma virus. Strains 3, 5, 10, 28, and 49 responsible for most of them.
Unlike other warts, the human immune system is relatively effective at attacking flat warts. While most types of warts appear in time when left untreated, flat warts disappear more quickly than the others, and they also tend to leave the sufferer immune to them from that point onwards. Researchers have speculated that our immune systems respond to the specific type of inflammation in these warts by destroying the cells inside them rather than by attacking the virus itself.
How to Prevent Flat Warts
The best way to prevent warts is to ensure that you do not catch the virus from someone who has already contracted it. In addition, you can strengthen your immune system so you are less likely to fall prey to the virus even if you contact it. Here are some ideas:
- If you already have a wart, do not pick at it. If you touch the second part of your body after having touched it, you will spread it from one place to the next. If you cannot leave it alone, cover it with a plaster.
Wash everything that has touched your wart in boiling water after having covered it with Savlon or pure alcohol for at least a minute. That is the only way to kill the virus. This holds especially for towels, face cloths, clothes, bedding, and kitchenware.
- If you have touched your wart with a pumice stone or disposable razor, just throw it away. You should never use it on another part of your body.
- If you have touched another person’s wart, put clean alcohol or Savlon on your hands and leave it on for at least a minute before you wash it off.
- Wear flip-flops when you shower at a public facility.
- Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables to give your body all the essential nutrients that your immune system requires to function properly. According to researchers at Harvard Health, you should think of your immune system as needing a balance of the full range of nutrients rather than as needing one specific nutrient such as vitamins C, for example.
- Keep your skin is dry as you can modafinil side effects, because viruses like warm moist areas. If you tend to be a bit sweaty, apply powder to your skin 2 to 3 times a day. As cotton fabrics don’t cling to your body, it allows air on your skin to keep it dry. Powder or cornstarch in your socks might help to absorb some of the moisture.
How to Remove Flat Warts
The best treatment for flat warts is one that destroy the wart tissue as well as kill the virus. Unfortunately, at this stage, no such treatment is available. The best approach is to combine a tissue destroying substance with an anti-viral substance into one treatment. Here are some ideas:
- A salicylic acid-based treatment like Wartrol is by far the best home solution. A large scientific literature review published by the National Library of Medicine in 2006 discovered that the evidence for the effectiveness of the home-based application of salicylic acid was strong, while the evidence that other home treatments could remove phentermine 37.5 mg for sale warts was weak. Wartrol has a brush with which you can apply it to the wart after having watched it with hot water and gently scraping off some dead cells with a pumice stone. Apply it consistently every day until the wart disappears. It is safe to apply it to flat warts on your face. The worst that can happen is a bit of temporary redness and inflammation if you accidentally apply it to the surrounding skin. Wartrol destroys the wart tissue.
- While there is no properly controlled scientific trial on the anti-viral effects of tea tree and eucalyptus oils against the human papilloma virus, some dermatologists have reported that tea tree oil works to remove warts. There are lots of studies where tea tree and eucalyptus oils proved capable of stopping other viruses from replicating, without which viral infections cannot continue.
- The same over-the-counter retinoid creams that people often use against acne may also work on warts, because they boost your immune system and stop the abnormal growth of skin. They are safe to use on your face, which is where many flat warts occur.
When to See a Doctor
If your flat warts change color or proliferate out of control, they might be beyond home remedies.
Bobby Buka, a New York dermatologist, recommends hyfrecation for small facial warts. This treatment involves a light electric current that cauterizes the surface of the wart. He believes it is easier to aim than liquid nitrogen, which might harm the surrounding skin. Flat warts are extremely small, so the risk of damaging surrounding tissue is very real. Many other dermatologists recommend wart removal by a pulsed dye laser.
One useful study demonstrated that the injection of Candida, a yeast-like fungus, into flat warts removed them effectively by triggering the immune systems of sufferers to fight off the virus. Imiquimod, a prescription cream, also works on flat warts, also by boosting the immune system.
Try to treat flat warts at home first before consulting a doctor. It is likely that the home treatments listed above will work.