Hives are small bumps or large wheels that suddenly appear on your skin. They are either white or red, with the center of the red ones turning white when you press them. They normally itch and burn. They can last for anything from a few hours to a few months or even longer, depending on the cause.
My son has the tendency to break out in hives as an allergic response to cats, grass, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories like aspirin, and other objects that we can unfortunately only identify as he encounters them. Prescription antihistamines never worked well, and I was uncomfortable about putting him on hard drugs like cortisone multiple times a year. Consequently, I have conducted a huge amount of research to free him from this plague, especially because he loves cats. I am now confident that I have succeeded in discovering how to get rid of hives.
- 1 What Causes Hives?
- 2 How to Get Rid of Hives: A Natural Remedy
- 3 Medical Treatments for Hives
- 4 Home Remedies for Hives
- 5 Conclusion
What Causes Hives?
Hives can be itchy and uncomfortable.
In most cases, the sufferer’s body secretes histamine in response to an allergen. The secretion of histamine is an inappropriate immune system response to an object that is basically harmless. Hives form when histamine causes blood plasma to leak out of tiny blood vessels in your skin, on yourA tongue, or inside your ears.
Almost anything can cause such an overreaction from your immune system, including foods like peanuts, shellfish, and eggs; animals like cats, dogs, and insect bites or stings; drugs like non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and antibiotics (especially penicillin); grass, pollen, sand, sunburn, cold, heat, sweat, rubbing, scratching, latex, and viral and bacterial infections.
If it is not caused by a short-term allergen and it continues for more than six weeks, it is usually brought about by something inside your body, such as cancer, thyroid disease, hepatitis or, more often than not, something completely unidentifiable. The longer it continues, the more likely that it will affect your essential organs like your intestines, lungs, and muscles. You must try to control the hives before you start suffering from diarrhea, breathing problems, and muscle pain. Otherwise it can become seriously debilitating.
The best treatment for hives is one that combats itching, pain, and inflammation. Ideally, it should also desensitize your immune system to the substance to which it is overreacting, or alternatively counteract the chemicals that your immune system produces.
How to Get Rid of Hives: A Natural Remedy
OxyHives is a homepathic remedy for clearing up hives.
OxyHives is a good homeopathic solution to get rid of hives. It is a liquid that you spray under your tongue from where it is taken straight into your bloodstream via the small blood vessels located there. My son carries it with him at all times and uses it either when the hives break out, or when he knows he will encounter something to which he is allergic. Sometimes the hives hardly break out at all, just small red bumps that can easily pass as Goosebumps. He used to be incredibly ashamed of the eruptions, as only a teenager can be. For the first time, he is now free of anxiety and shame before he plays contact sports, sits with his friends in the sand on the beach, or plays with his sister’s cat.
- Apis mellifica inhibits immunoglobulin type E order rizact 5 (IgE) antibodies. No need to zone out like in your high school biology classes, it’s actually easy. When your body is exposed to a substance your immune system considers threatening, this substance (or allergen) binds to IgE antibodies in your immune system’s mast cells. These contaminated IgE antibodies then trigger these mast cells to spill their contents onto neighboring cells. The contents that are spilled include histamine, the chemical that causes your allergic responses like itchiness, inflammation, and so forth. In other words, if it were not for IgE antibodies that bind to allergens and trigger your immune system’s response, there would be no histamine, and without histamine, there would be no allergic symptoms. Therefore, by inhibiting the IgE antibodies, apis mellifica can stop the whole allergic response from getting started. Apis mellifica is also a strong anti-inflammatory that can attack redness, swelling, and inflammation.
- Rhus toxicondendron suppresses the secretion and biological effect of inflammatory chemicals present in many diseases, including hives. Its analgesic effects are so strong that it even works for people with arthritis.
- Arnica montana reduces inflammation and suppresses some of the biological effects of histamines, and it is also such a strong anti-inflammatory and pain killer that people with mild to moderate knee osteoarthritis experience a reduction in pain and an improvement in limb function when they use it. This makes it an ideal ingredient for a hives treatment as it attacks both the allergic response and its symptoms.
- Ichthyolum is an effective treatment for many skin diseases, including hives, as it combats inflammation, pain, redness, and itchiness.
- Lachesis, a snake venom, is another anti-inflammatory that can reduce inflammation, redness, and pain.
- Hepar is used to treat painful skin conditions from crusty sores to sores (like acne) with pus inside. It is especially recommended when the skin is hypersensitive to pain, temperature extremes, and other sensations.
- Mercurius Solubilis is commonly prescribed to heal the skin lesions of people with syphilis and insect stings.
- Urtica is a painkiller that researchers have discovered works for patients with arthritis. It is even better at quelling pain with a stinging sensation, and is therefore normally prescribed for insect bites and stings.
Medical Treatments for Hives
Some of the medical treatments for hives have drawbacks or have shown limited effectiveness.
Before we discovered Oxyhives, my son was subjected to the best therapies medical science had to offer. I am still horrified that nothingA better is available after hundreds of years of medical science.
- The doctor gave him antihistamine tablets that he had to take the moment and eruptions started to block the allergic response. These sometimes took hours to work, and they made him extremely drowsy. Drowsiness is one of the main side-effects of antihistamines.
- Oral corticosteroids like Prednisone are often prescribed for people for whom antihistamines work too slowly, but it is important to remember that corticosteroids are hard drugs that can cause mood and memory problems, weight gain, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, suppressed adrenal hormone production, high blood sugar, and fluid retention with its accompanying swollen tissue. I was not giving this to my 14-year-old son.
- Topical corticosteroids for hives can reduce your skin’s density and cause acne and other sores.
- Omalizumab http://vasdaqcf.com/blog/2018/02/02/cheap-bestina/ (brand name Xolair) is an antibody in injection form given to people for whom all else has failed. Doctors are prohibited from prescribing it for children younger than 12, as it can cause a life-threatening allergic response.
- One medical intervention that is useful is a skin test to identify the substances to which the sufferer is allergic. The doctor puts a suspected allergen on a needle and pricks your skin with it. If you have an allergic response, you know which substance causes it. This is useful when you are allergic to substances that you can avoid.
Home Remedies for Hives
- Try to find the allergen that triggers your hives and avoid it if possible.
- Heat and sweat make hives feel more itchy and uncomfortable, so do whatever you can to stay cool. Wear loose fitting clothes. Take a cold shower. Dip a face cloth in cold water and put it on the affected areas. Turn on the air conditioner if it is hot.
- Make sure that your diet contains enough vitamin E. Remember IgE antibodies? Researchers have found that people who consume generico tofranil 25 mg too little vitamin E had a very high concentration of these antibodies in their blood and were much more sensitive to potential allergens than those who consumed enough of it. You can find vitamin E in almonds, hazelnuts, sunflower oil and seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, spinach, Swiss chard, turnip greens, butternut squash, pumpkin, avocado, olive oil, grape seed oil, canola oil, tofu, crayfish, shrimp, rainbow trout, herring, and salmon.
- Vitamin C is undoubtedly skin healthy. It protects skin cells from damage and helps skin heal. Many people also believe that it lowers histamines in the body, but I could not find research that backs up this claim. You can make your own vitamin C cream by mixing four teaspoons of powdered ascorbic acid with one cup of any cream or oil. Store it in the fridge and don’t keep it for longer than two weeks, as oxygen and heat destroy vitamin C. you can also add powdered ascorbic acid to cool water to make cool compresses to apply directly to the hives, or add it to cool bath water and soak in it for a while.
- Bromelain is a protein enzyme found in pineapple. It accelerates wound healing by fighting inflammation and swelling and many people recommend that you apply pineapple juice to hives. I would not advise it, because it might aggravate the sores. I also would not want my son to use store-bought bromelain creams, because most manufacturers add synthetic chemicals to their creams that may make his hives even worse. Furthermore, there are already many ingredients in Oxyhives that do the same job.
- I have seen many tips for astragalus, burdock, centella asiatica, echinacea, coneflower, calendula, and many other substances, but instead of hunting for many different difficult-to-find herbs that are all probably just further anti-inflammatories and wound healers, I rather stick to one cream that works.
- Aloe vera improves wound healing and suppresses inflammation. It is more easily obtainable than the plants listed above, so you may want to keep a natural aloe vera gel around for when the hives break out. You can also plant aloe vera plants and make your own gel by blending five of the leaves with coconut oil in a blender.
I hope you can use some of this information. Oxyhives, vitamin C, vitamin E, and sometimes aloe vera have improved my son’s life more than we once thought possible.