Like most good things in life, hickeys seem like a good idea at the time, but they can get you in trouble, or at least be embarrassing, later. Arriving at your parents’ anniversary lunch with a hickey on your neck might be embarrassing, but arriving like that at an important business meeting where you are supposed to net a new client can actually get you fired. Hickeys are bruises and, consequently, not easy to remove. How to get rid of hickeys? You can accelerate the healing process significantly by following as many as possible of the tips in this article. My husband occupies a senior position in a large company, and they have helped him out of trouble numerous times.
What Are Hickeys?
Hickeys are caused by the hard kissing or sucking Cheap of the skin during make out sessions or sexual foreplay. There are tiny blood vessels, called capillaries, just below your skin’s surface. These tend to burst when someone applies strong pressure to your skin. When these capillaries burst, the blood inside them spills and collect’s just below the surface of your skin. The hickey mark is essentially just pooled blood.
Unlike what many people think, a hickey does not involve teeth. If you bite while giving a hicky, and your teeth break through the skin, a bruise is less likely to form because the blood can then escape through the broken skin instead of pooling below it. Visible teeth marks are no easier to explain away than hickeys, so using your teeth is certainly not a way to give a secret, invisible hickey. Moreover, open wounds are much more likely to become infected with bacteria than closed bruises, so they are less safe than normal hickeys that present no health risk at all.
Who’s Most Likely to Get Hickeys?
Given how many people walk around with hickeys, you might be surprised to find out how difficult it is to get or give one. The skins of healthy people are normally thick enough to protect the blood vessels from damage, and their blood vessels are strong enough not to rupture because of slight pressure to their skins. If you get many hickeys and you want to modify your skin to ensure that you get fewer of them, this is what you need to keep in mind:
- Thin skin is more likely to bruise than thick skin, because it does not serve as a strong enough buffer to protect blood vessels from damage. This means that you are more likely to get hickeys as you get older and your skin thins naturally.
- Soft tissue, like that on your neck, in your armpits, in the crooks of your elbows, and on the insides of your thighs bruises more easily than hard tissue, like that on your arms and legs, because blood can more easily spread through soft tissue that lacks density.
- Elastic skin is less likely to bruise than elastic skin, because it can bend in the same direction as the pressure that is applied to it.
- Hickeys are more visible on light than on dark skins because the color contrast is the largest.
- If you bleed easily, it is either because your blood is thin, or because your blood does not clot well. People who bleed easily are more likely to get hickeys than those whose blood clots quickly. You need your blood to clot to form a seal at the spot where the blood vessel breaks (similar to open skin wounds that need your blood to clot to seal the wound on your skin.) This is the only way to stop the bleeding. Furthermore, thin blood spreads more easily through your skin tissue.
While there is little you can do about your skin’s color, you can improve its thickness, density, and elasticity.
- To prevent your skin from wearing away, avoid sun exposure without sunscreen and use corticosteroid creams and tablets only when absolutely necessary. The sun’s UV rays destroy skin cells, especially those that give your skin its strength (collagen) and its elasticity (elastin.) Corticosteroids slow down your skin’s formation of new cells.
- Eat enough vitamins A, C, D, E, and K. These are the most important of the nutrients that build skin. Most of them are easily obtainable from vegetables, fruits, and nuts. As your body produces vitamin D from direct sunlight on your skin, you should get around ten minutes of sunlight per day, or you can buy vitamin D fortified cereals, bread, and soya products.
- To undo the bit of sun damage from the ten minutes of sunlight, and to help your skin build itself, use a good sun protective, skin thickening cream like the Revitol eye cream to which I will return later.
- Blood consistency is harder to address, since it is advisable that your blood is thin to prevent blood clots that cause strokes and coronary thromboses. If, for example, you purchase seroflo multihaler phentermine 37.5 mg for sale have high blood pressure and your physician has recommended that you take an anticoagulant (blood thinner) like aspirin or Warfarin, you should not abandon your medication just to reduce your chance of getting hickeys. The best strategy is to eat a balanced diet stacked with vegetables and fruit to keep your blood consistency and clotting healthy, and to manage the hickeys if they still appear.
How to Get Rid of Hickeys
If you have already received the love treatment that will leave a hickey, you can do several things to keep it small and light-colored and to promote fast healing.
- Wrap a block of ice in a handkerchief and place it directly on the spot where the hickey was given for at least 15 minutes. As unromantic as it is, this must ideally be done in the first 15 minutes after the kissing or sucking. Cold blood is thicker and, thus, less likely to spread through your skin and more likely to clot at the spots where it leaves the broken blood vessels. Repeat this process several times a day for the first two days.
- While you apply modafinil side effects the ice pack, press down gently and massage the area with it. While this is potentially dangerous to do with large bruises because of the risk of exacerbating the tissue injury, hickeys involve very little damage to tissue. Gentle massaging can help to disperse the blood that has already escaped their vessels. Spreading the blood as far away as you can may enlarge the hicky, but it will also be much lighter.
- If the hickey is on your neck, sit up for the first hour to allow gravity to carry the blood away from the area.
- After approximately 48 hours, you can start stimulating blood flow to the area to promote the immune response and skin cell growth that will carry the pooled blood away. This is the time when you replace your ice pack with a facecloth warmed in hot water. Do this for 15 minutes at a time as well, and repeat it several times a day.
- Start exercising on the third day to improve your blood circulation.
- Buy a large dark chocolate and start eating it on the third day. The flavonoids it contains has been proved to increase blood flow.
- To further neutralize the unpleasantness of the exercise, enjoy a glass of red wine every day. It has been shown to Purchase improve blood flow. Do not start this before 48 hours have passed.
- Because of the vitamins A, C, and E it contains, an aloe vera gel may help to increase blood flow to the site of the hickey by dilating the blood vessels in the area. Alternatively, mix a citrus essential oil like sweet orange, lemon, lemongrass, or bergamot with a carrier oil and apply that to the hicky. Orange or lemon juice might work too, but they are very sticky.
- Many websites recommend that you apply peppermint toothpaste to the hickey. This might work to increase blood flow after two days, because peppermint essential oil has been found to improve blood flow.
Revitol Eye Cream
In my family, we use Revitol Eye Cream to heal hickeys. It contains numerous ingredients scientifically proven to build new skin cells. Building skin cells is important for two reasons.
Firstly, if your partner enjoys buy viagra giving hickeys on a specific part of your body, such as your neck, you can use the cream daily to build up your skin to thicken and strengthen it. The stronger and thicker your skin, the better it is able to protect the capillaries in your skin from being damaged by hard kissing. This is a preventative measure.
Secondly, if you already have a hickey, promoting the building of masses of new skin cells will crowd out the pooled blood cells and hasten their degradation and removal from the area.
Both my husband and I apply the cream to our necks every day, and to hickeys when they happen.
The company has been doing business for well over ten years, and its products are well researched and popular with those who have tried them. As a result, you don’t have to be worried about wasting your hard-earned money on a fly-by-night online scam.
pilex online stopwatch
Hickeys are often fun, but for the times when they are awkward or risky, you can follow the tips above to heal or prevent them. Best of all, if you opt for Revitol’s eye cream, it triples as a hickey, wrinkle, and eye bag remover.