I can tell you how to get rid of cold sores permanently.A Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus. Cold sores are those pesky red sores that you get on your lips, inside your mouth, on the edges of your nostrils, and inside your nostrils if you carry the herpes simplex type 1 virus. I used to get cold sore outbreaks between four and six times a year. They looked unattractive, and it was incredibly embarrassing to admit that I was a carrier of the herpes virus. Moreover, cold sores and the virus are so infectious that, before long, my whole family caught it from me. So, if I say I know how you feel, I mean it. I got rid of my colds sores and I can tell you how to get rid of your cold sores, too.
Today, I am herpes free and I have not had a cold sore outbreak for almost three years. I want to tell you how I did it and, unlike the authors on so many other websites, I will link to plenty of academic research to prove the statements I make.
- 1 What Are Cold Sores?
- 2 How to Get Rid ofA Cold Sores
- 3 The Program to Teach You How to PreventA Cold Sores
- 4 A Homeopathic Remedy for Cold Sores
- 5 Useful Substances to Supplement Herpeset
- 6 Medical Advice on Cold Sore Treatment
- 7 Things to Avoid to Get Rid Of Cold Sores
- 8 Conclusion
What Are Cold Sores?
Herpes-induced cold sores, also known as fever blisters, often break out on the lips or in the mouth.
Cold sores are also called fever blisters Purchase , because they are hot, inflamed, puffy, and filled with fluid. They are almost always caused by the herpes simplex type 1 virus, a virus that differs slightly from herpes simplex type 2, the one that causes genital sores. It is strange that there is such a stigma around the herpes virus, as almost 90 percent of people in the world suffer from either type 1 or type 2, with type 1 being carried by at least 66 percent of people, according to the World Health Organization.
The virus lies dormant in the cells of your nervous system until the right circumstances arrive that stimulate it to become active. When it becomes active, you get cold sores. The circumstances the trigger the outbreaks are stress, weakened immunity, illness, fatigue, sunburn on your face, and damage to your lips or nostrils, such as when you bite, bump, or scratch them. Cracking skin due to a lack of moisture can also trigger it.
You pass the virus on to other people when they touch your cold sores directly, or when they use objects like glasses and spoons that have been in contact with your sores. Since the virus lives in your body fluid and tissue, you can also pass it on if your body fluids directly enter another person’s body. It is common for men to pass it on during sexual intercourse.
How to Get Rid ofA Cold Sores
There are two approaches toA getting rid ofA cold sores: You can shorten the duration of the outbreaks and limit the severity of the symptoms, or you can kill the virus for good so you never have an outbreak again.
If you wonder why anyone would choose to work on the symptoms if they can work on the cause, they are not necessarily stupid. Eradication of the virus requires that you make some changes to your diet and daily routine. If your family already has the virus and you know you cannot harm them, you may not be sufficiently motivated to exercise and add many new foods to your diet. Moreover, if you find that you can block the outbreaks almost completely without killing the virus, the program to kill the virus may seem like overkill to you. The choice is yours.
I used a homeopathic product to control the outbreaks while I started following the program to eradicate the virus. I am now off both, and a recent blood test showed that I was herpes free.
The Program to Teach You How to PreventA Cold Sores
The Ultimate Herpes Protocol is a book written by Melanie Addington, a former British journalist, but the program itself was designed by her father, a British medical doctor. He designed it for her when she discovered that she carried the virus, and soon he found that his practice was overrun by herpes carriers who wanted his advice on how to get rid of cold sores.
The book takes you through several steps you must follow to get rid of cold sores, from exercise to dietary changes. It does not just recommend a healthy diet, however. It lists foods and supplements that strengthen your immune system and break down the herpes virus. For that reason, it is extremely useful advice on how to get rid of cold sores.
It shows you how to strengthen your immune system so it can attack the virus, it tells you how to break down the protective protein coating around the virus to leave it to the mercy of your immune system, and it helps you to ensure that the virus cannot replicate itself, as it needs to do to stay alive.
The book comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee and, if you are currently taking drugs to control cold sore outbreaks, it is approximately the same price as a single month’s supply. Another good reason to buy it is because Addington uses some of the profit to help sponsor research into natural medicine.
So why do experts say that the herpes virus cannot be eradicated? The program has not been tested by scientific experts, because it is a program, rather than one product. This complicates scientific testing because, in any study, researchers would have to verify that all their subjects are following the program correctly. Furthermore, this protocol is still relatively new, so that many researchers have not heard of it. Lastly, academics usually learn of possible research products through pharmaceutical company releases, media, medical journals, and so forth. Because of her limited marketing budget, Addington has advertised the product exclusively online. Researchers will obviously get to it someday.
Large pharmaceutical companies are uninterested in the program, because it is not patentable and will hence not be sufficiently profitable.
The word of mouth, to which I am contributing here, is insanely positive.
A Homeopathic Remedy for Cold Sores
Herpeset is the name of a homeopathic remedy that you spray under your tongue to get rid of cold
online The homeopathic remedy Herpeset has been shown to ease cold sore symptoms.
sores. The blood vessels located there allow the drops to enter your bloodstream immediately. It helps to reduce the duration of a cold sore outbreak, it ensures that your cold sores heal quickly, and it can even prevent cold sores from forming if you use it before you become hopelessly stressed, when you become ill, or just after you injure your lips or nostrils. The best approach is to use it permanently, especially if you tend to get many outbreaks per year.
For a treatment to be effective against cold sores, it must prevent the herpes simplex virus from replicating. If it cannot replicate, it cannot spread through your skin cells and form cold sores. A treatment must, further, attack the inflammation and pain, it must strengthen your immune system to produce antibodies to attack the virus, and it must promote wound healing. With any of these abilities missing, it can do only half of the job.
- It attacks viruses through its rhus tox (poison ivy), apis mellifica (honey bee venom), nitric acid, purple cone flower (echinacea purpurea), and woody nightshade (solanum dulcamara American, solanum nigrum European). The woody nightshade, purple cone flower, and nitric acid have been tested specifically against herpes simplex.
- It exercises its anti-inflammatory effects through rhus tox, apis mellifica, baptista (wild indigo), capsicum (bell pepper), purple cone flower, and woody nightshade.
- It reduces the pain through its rhus tox and
- It strengthens your immune system via its rhus tox apis mellifica, baptista, and purple cone flower.
- It promotes wound healing via its baptista Purchase and
- Pyrogenium, another ingredient, prevents cold sores from being infected by bacteria, which is potentially fatal if it remains untreated.
Useful Substances to Supplement Herpeset
If you want a topical cream to apply directly to the cold sore to attack the virus, counter the inflammation and relieve the pain, the following list contains some of the most popular options.
How to make a cream to get rid of cold sores
- Consume more lysine than arginine, as scientists have found that this ratio prevents cold sore outbreaks and diminishes their intensity by suppressing the herpes virus. Lysine and arginine are essential I -amino acids found in protein-rich food. The typical modern diet with all its grains is stacked with arginine. Arginine appears in large amounts in almost all proteins, including grains, nuts, seeds, dairy, poultry, pork, and beef. Lysine-rich foods you particularly want in your diet are tuna, salmon, trout, pike, yellowtail, mackerel, lean beef, chicken, skimmed milk, parmesan cheese, almost all beans, lentils, peas, and pumpkin seeds. In other words, cut nuts and fatty animal products in favor of legumes and lean animal products. Vegans who find this too taxing may want to buy a supplement.
- Essential oils like anise, chamomile, eucalyptus, ginger, hyssop, sandalwood, tea tree, and thyme, have been found to be effective against the herpes virus, but they do cause allergies and dry out your skin if you don’t mix them with a carrier oil like olive or coconut. In fact, even then youA A will struggle with dry, cracked, and bleeding lips for at least a week. Blend them in the ratio of 80 percent carrier oil and 20 percent essential oil to minimize the destruction.
- Lavender, sage, and chamomile extracts are all effective against the herpes virus, but instead of using essential oils, why not use teas? Make the herbal teas as you usually would, and make a compress by dipping a folded handkerchief into it. Hold it against your cold sore for a few minutes a few times a day. The research shows that lavenderis the most effective at the tingling stage before the cold sore appears, that chamomile works best when the cold sore has developed,A and that sage is most effective towards the end of the viral cycle.
- Bee propolis. Bees do not stop with honey only, they also make a substance called propolis by combining the SAP of flowers and plants with their own discharges. They normally use it to coat their hives. When it is not a beehive coating, it can suppress the herpes virus, but research is still thin on the ground. Moreover, with the serious decline in the honeybee population worldwide, I feel too bad when I think that my still somewhat unproved cold sore treatment deprives the remaining bees of their homes. The other problem is that the exact constitution of the propolis differs, depending on which plants are used to make it. This makes it almost impossible to draw general conclusions about its effects.
- Ice definitely works if you apply it directly to the spot where you think the outbreak will occur. Apply it for as long as you can handle and as often as possible. The virus needs an environment close to your body temperature to reproduce, and ice makes this impossible. It also controls the pain once the fever blisters there.
- Resveratrol is a polyphenol compound found in large quantities in red wine, red grapes, blueberries, cranberries, dark chocolate, and peanuts. One study has found that this substance helps to heal skin lesions and can stop the herpes virus from replicating. You have nothing to lose by making your own red grape juice and applying it to your cold sore much like you apply the herbal teas.
- Many people recommend alkaline substances like baking soda and antacids. I have not found any research to show that they work, but you have nothing to lose by trying, so long as the alkalis are not too strong. After all, bleach and ammonia are also alkalize and they are certainly terrible ideas.
Medical Advice on Cold Sore Treatment
- Doctors recommend topical antivirals like Acyclovir (Zovirax) and Penciclovir (Denavir). These online certainly work, and they don’t have the nasty side effects of oral antivirals. But they are pretty expensive for drugs that do no more than shortening the duration of an outbreak, and you may well find that they are no more effective than the lysine, oils, teas, and ice recommended above.
- Abreva (docosanol) is a non-prescription cream marketed for cold sores. Studies show that it is effective, but even the official statistics make the product look somewhat feeble. The average healing time is 4 1/2 days, and 66 percent of people who apply it at the tingling stage still end up getting cold sores.
Things to Avoid to Get Rid Of Cold Sores
- Most importantly, do not pop cold sores with a needle to let the fluid out. I still struggle to believe that people do this, because it sounds terribly painful. This will spread the virus faster than anything else you can do and it will almost certainly cause scar tissue on your lips once it heals.Try to avoid touching your face and wash your hands frequently after applying topical treatments.
- People have this strange habit of applying strong acids, strong alkalis, and strong salts to their skins when there is an unusual growth. In most cases, this is the worst thing you can do. It causes scarring, aggravates the wound, and complicates your immune system’s healing job. A simple rule of thumb is this: If you think it will burn, it is probably a bad idea to apply it to a cold sore. Popular substances in this category are lemon, salt, apple cider vinegar, garlic, alcohol, and onion. The only exception is if you want to make an analgesic paste, in which case you can mix either crushed chili peppers or crushed bell peppers with honey. The honey mitigates the abrasive effects that these painkillers can have, as honey is a well-known promoter of wound healing.
- Keep your hands off your face and wash them carefully with hot water and soap after applying a topical treatment. If you spread the virus to other parts of your body, it can become very serious. If it gets into your eyes, for example, it can blind you.
- Refrain from sharing spoons, forks, glasses, mugs, towels, face cloth’s, pillowcases, lip balms, and anything else you use near your face, as this will spread the virus to others. To prevent putting the virus straight back onto your own lips, use a lip balm that you can apply with your finger, instead of one that you rub directly on your mouth.
- Identify the triggers of your fever blister outbreaks and avoid them like the plague. Some common causes are stress, sunburn, extreme dryness of your lips, a weakened immune system, and illness. Stress management practices and daily relaxation will help with the stress, healthy dieting and exercise will keep your immune system strong, and daily moisturizing with a sun protective balm will prevent dryness and sun damage.
Cold sores and the herpes simplex virus can be beaten. My whole family used to have the virus, and we are now all free of it. Together with The Ultimate Herpes Protocol and Herpeset, throw as many other remedies at it as you can. Your immune system can never be too strong. The outcome is worth the effort.