Most people who have or have had issues with acne in the past, are also unfortunately, familiar with acne scars.
It’s one of these things where as soon as you get rid of one problem, another one comes along and replaces it. Only in this case it’s true in a very literal sense..
As you may know, I have had my fair share of acne-related skin problems. I’ve also gotten past most of them by now.
But I was no different from most people in that I also had plenty of scars and spots of various sizes to show for it once I had just become acne-free.
Today you can hardly see any remainders of this period of my life at all in the forms of scars and marks, and with this article I aim to share what I did to almost completely get rid of my acne scars, once and for all.
Note that it did take some time, even with the best of products, which is to be expected since your skin needs time to heal itself. At the same time my scars were pretty severe (in my opinion at least, but there’s always those who have it worse). All things considered, I managed to substantially reduce the visibility of my scars very fast, while they did keep on healing more slowly and gradually after that, getting better and better for a good while after that.
Not all of them disappeared completely, but many did, many more than I could have hoped for, in fact. Those that didn’t still healed enough so that they’re hard to notice if you don’t actually look for them. And who does that anyway.. Let me answer that for you.. NO ONE does that besides yourself!
Will what worked for me also work for you? Peoples results will of course vary a lot, different skin types, diets, scar severity and so on. But as with most of the products I recommend, I found them and chose them almost purely based on researching what others had gotten most success with, reading reviews and looking at ingredients and the science behind them. So to answer the question:
I don’t know, but it is likely it will work for you as it has so for the majority of people who use it for scars from acne and pimples, from blackheads and from whiteheads (it is also effective for scars in general, not just acne-related ones). Besides, it has a money back guarantee so there’s certainly no harm in trying it for yourself.
Anyway, without further ado, let’s get to it!
How to get rid of acne scars fast
Just to get one thing clear, if you still have problems with acne and not just scars, you should deal with that first. It’s the root cause, and if you don’t deal with it, new scars will still keep coming, and you will have to keep treating them.
Read this page for what I recommend to get rid of your acne, mainly relying on a highly effective acne face wash (or body wash for non-facial acne) one which I still include in my own daily routine to keep all acne gone. It actually has ingredients in it to reduce scars as well, so either way it can’t hurt, and I’m sure it played some part in my quick “scar-recovery”, even though it wasn’t the main product I used.
What I relied on the most to reduce the appearance of my scars was the Revitol Scar Cream, which I had heard a lot of good things about from friends as well as when I did my online research (God bless the internet, seriously! Without it I would be missing out on soo many awesome products, while being stuck with whatever my local supermarket has to offer..).
Natural home remedies for acne scars
Now, I did try a few of these but I didn’t feel they did anything at all for me. Still, I thought I’d include them for those of you that really love home remedies.
I want to note though that if you really want results (especially fast) you should only use these in addition to a good acne scar treatment product, not as a substitute.
Scars can also often be tougher to get rid of the longer you’ve had them, so I definitely prefer going at them with full force from the get-go as to not have them for any longer amount of time than you have to.
So, here goes:
- Honey – Has antibacterial properties and can help reduce skin inflammation. Raw, or even better, manuka honey, is preferred.
- Aloe Vera – Soothing for your skin, can help rejuvenate and moisturize. There are supplements available if you don’t own an actual aloe vera plant to use.
- Lemon Juice – Can have bleaching properties on skin, but is also drying and can be irritating as well as make your skin more susceptible to UV-rays. Don’t leave no for too long or it could cause some damage. Wash it off after and moisturize. Lime juice works as well.
- Sandalwood paste – Known for its healing effects.
- Baking Soda – Can help temporarily reduce scar appearance through exfoliation, but the basic pH of baking soda can have negative effects if you still have active acne, so use with caution.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Helps manage your skin pH and can have some positive effects if used over extended periods of time.
- Ice – Can help reduce inflammation and redness, temporarily reducing the appearance of acne and pimple scars.
Got any secret to share on how to get rid of acne scars? Please leave it in a comment.