Have you ever woken up after a night of passion to find a hickey, or love bite, on your neck? Some people see this as a sign of love and belonging, but it seems like most people think it is embarrassing to walk around with a hickey on the neck and not worth the momentary positive emotions associated with it. If you wonder what it is, how to feel about it, and what to do about it, here is a short crash course.
What Are Hickeys?
A hickey appears when someone sucks hard on your skin and bursts the tiny blood vessels, called capillaries, that are just below your skin surface. The blood then escapes these capillaries and accumulates in your skin tissue close to the surface. The dark mark is actually blood.
If you have ever wondered why so many people get hickeys on their necks, rather than somewhere else, it is because the skin on the neck is thinner than that on most other parts of the body. The skin on the throat is especially thin. The thinner the skin, the less well it can protect the capillaries from damage. While you have to suck really hard to burst the capillaries elsewhere in your partner’s body, the neck is an easy spot.
Hickey on the the Neck: Prevention
- The most obvious tip is to ask your partner to do the hardest kissing elsewhere on your body. If you cannot negotiate about your sexual preferences, you need to rethink your relationship. Communication about awkward issues is important and will become increasingly important as you go along.
- Apply a daily cream to thicken and strengthen the skin around your neck. Instead of using your facial moisturizer, consider buying a few tubs of Revitol Eye Cream order lynoral ethinyl . It is so much more than a moisturizer, because it contains several ingredients that build new skin cells and Pills protect your skin from the erosion that free radicals and the sun’s This is a much better option than leaving your fate up to your partner. the company has massive special sales, so this will not bankrupt you, and you will get a good anti-wrinkle, anti-eye bags, anti-dark circles, anti-sunspot, anti-scar, facial moisturizer at the same time. This cream also works well if you already have a hickey, because it helps your skin to heal more quickly.
- Eat lots of vitamin C, as researchers have discovered that it strengthens both your skin Order and your blood vessels. Citrus fruits, kiwifruit, guavas, kale, broccoli, most dark leafy greens, and green, yellow, and sweet peppers are stuffed with vitamin C, and they are good to eat too. Just boil the dark leafy greens in salt water for 10 minutes first, before you start cooking them properly. That takes a lot of bitterness out of them.
How to Hide a Hickey
If you want the hickey on your neck to heal more quickly, massage it regularly with a block of ice that you have wrapped in a handkerchief to constrict the blood vessels in your skin and prevent excessive bleeding from the broken ones. If you can restrict the amount of blood that escapes, the hickey will be a lot smaller and lighter. If you discover the hickey only once it is already big, your best bet might be to conceal it by using one of the following methods:
- If you want to use a concealer, you should choose green while the hickey is still red, and yellow while it is purple. These are at approximately the opposite sides of the color wheel. https://SocialTrusts.com The best approach is to apply both, and to apply makeup foundation over it.
- If you don’t want to struggle with messy creams, a good option is a disposable, flesh colored tattoo. Many companies market them as tattoo covers for people who need to hide their tattoos temporarily when they are at work. You can by these covers in different colors, from fair to tanned, to match your skin.
- If it is winter, just where a scarf or a top with a high neck.
Alternatively, you can learn to take pleasure in your hickeys and see them as a sign that you belong and are happy in a relationship.